Sunday, February 15, 2009

Trip Day 1






WARNING, Super long Post ahead. I don't want to forget anything from our trip and I love that when we get back I can read my blog to remember. Okay, let me start off by reminding everyone of my awesome Brit gun crazy neighbor that is watching our house while we are gone. That being said we are having an amazing trip this far. I had to work Friday night and didn't get home until after midnight. Then we finished packing and drove to my Mom and Dad's house. We got there about 2ish. I had a dream earlier in the week that we overslept and missed our flight so I decided to stay awake until we needed to leave for the airport which was 5 am. I have to say kissing Bella goodbye was sooo hard! Luckily, she was asleep or it would have been a big production. We made our flight and my hope was to sleep. But, they had these really neat touchscreen tv on the back of the seats and you could pick what you wanted to watch and the True Blood series was available. So, I opted to for some Bill over some sleep. The flight was soo neat. We flew right over the Grand Canyon, whih I had never seen before. We had a layover in vegas and then arrived in Seattle around 2. I did get a little sleep after True Blood and a little on the second flight. But, I think colectively I only got maybe 2 hours and we had a snack on the plane and a pretzel dog as we ran to make our connecting flight. We stopped at a mexican restraunt for appetizers and drinks. We then drove on to Port Angeles. That was a beautiful drive. I drove and Joe was getting so frustrated because I wanted him to take pictures and he kept missing the shots. We got to Port Angeles around 6pm. We were still a little full from appestisers so and our dinner reservations weren't until 8. So, we waled around looking in the cute little shops. Port Angeles is an adorable town. Kinda of like a Dahlonega on the water except with more. We had drinks at a restraunt on the water and left to make our reservation. It started raining and we had to run through the rain to our restraunt. Some background on the restraunt for those of you who don't know. Joe booked our reservation at this particular restraunt back when I had my hair trauma. It is the same restraunt that in "THE BOOK" the main charecters have their first date. In "THE BOOK" the hostess is kinda a butt, well the author must have visited this restraunt before she wrote it because she was right on the money. I got nervous that it wasn't going to be good, but wow, , Joe and I both thought it was probably the best meal either of us EVER had. Seriously. In the book they had mushroom ravioli. So, of corse I had to be the dork that I am and have the same thing. The description was "mushroom Ravioli in Browned Butter with Blood Orange sauce" It was amazing. I felt like I was on Top Chef. Joe had a steak thing and it was yummy, too. We topped it off with Tiramsu and coffee. We were exhausted and had to drive a little over an hour into our hotel in Forks. joe drive and I am so glad he did. It was super curvy. We are used to curvy road since we live in a little mountain town, but this was different and kinda spooky. It was so dark we couldn't see anything except right in fron of us, but the GPS let us know just next to the toad was a body of water. We finally made it to the motel around 10:30pm. I was geeking out because the town has gone Twilight crazy and i loved it. The lobby for the motel had the movie poster and other Twilight related stuff everywhere. they had a picture of one of the boat captains from Deadliest Catch on the wall. Not twilight related, but still cool. We were so exhausted, I can't even describe the exhaustion. But, we both agreeded that it was so much fun and we can't wait to get started today. If you made it through this super long post, thank you! I know it's long and apprecite you taking the time.

4 comments:

also known as shell said...

erin! that is so fun! I'm so happy for you :)

KELLI MC said...

i am so freaking jealous

Natalie said...

That is so cool! I was thinking about you all weekend and so very jealous and happy for you too.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

what a cool trip!