Thursday, February 26, 2009

So, let me give background first so this doesn't sound weird. When I used to teach Tae kwon Do there was another higher ranking instructor who taught at the same school I did. I was the only female instructor and it was tough. not everyone was super nice. But, this one guy was. he helped me with my forms and gave me pointers and just an all around nice guy. Don't get the wrong idea. He was just a good friend. joe liked him a lot, too. I have always gotten along better with guys as friends and being married it not all that approprite to have guy friends. but, this guy would hang out with Joe and I and he is just a stand up nice christian guy with no other motives other than being a good friend.
he moved to Texas a few years ago and we tried to keep in touch but we somehow lost touch. but thanks to facebook he found me yesterday. he is in the Army and stationed in Afganastan. I can't tell you how much I hated to hear that. We talked for awhile on Facebook this a.m. Weird, it was nght there. He has gotten hurt. Not seriously and he has recovered. I just got frustrated with the news. All we hear on the news is bad and how much people hate us and whiny whiny people. If I have to hear about the economy one more time...... But, intrest in the soldiers still fighting for us has kind of gone away. I'm guilty of it. But, to see pictures of my friend there jolted me back. I don't care where you stand politically or what you think about the war everyone should be praying or thinking positive thoughts or whatever you do. They are there fighting for us. When we were chatting this a.m. we started talking about protesters and that crazy Cindy Sheehan women (she was the one who's son died in iraq and she turned into a big protester) and I said she is such an idiot and I was glad no one listened to her anymore. he said he felt sorry for her andyes the protesters "bolied his blood" but that's what he was there fighting for. So, we could say what ever we wanted and have that freedom. What a good attitude! I tend to just be bitter. So, i am stepping off my soap box, but I just wanted to share. I am on a mission to send him double stuffed oreos. I used to send care packages to Joe's brother when he was over there. i loved to do it. Something small, but I felt like I should be doing something. i asked my friend what I could send and all he wanted was double stuffed Oreos. We shall see if they make it. He said his family has tried to send him packages and they have never made it. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

1 comments:

Cristin said...

I will keep your friend and all the others with him in my prayers.

If you get to chat to him again, ask for some other names of soilders people could send care packages to. I am sure there are so many who would love just to get a card of encouragement. I would love to send something.