Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Answers to Questions






First, Did we come here just because of Twilight? Yes and No. The book definatley pointed us in this direction. Joe and I try to take a trip, just the two of us every year. I, as you know am a little obsessed witht he books and Joe read them and liked them. ( I think he read them just so he could talk to me because that was all I could talk about at the time) The description of this area in the books just sounded amazing so we wanted to see it in person. However, I think if there wasn't so much to see outside of Twilight stuff, I do not think joe would have gone for it. But, even if you have never read and never plan to read any othe books, you should still see this place. It really is like another planet. It's beautiful!
Second question, Is it crowded with Twilighters? A little. It's not overwhelming or irritating. It's fun. I think I posted before about the teen girls who stayed in the Twilight room above us. Thankfully, they checked out yesterday. We did run into them in a store and they were still shrieking and yelling. It's funny, I think there are more grown women here for Twilight than tweens. The people who live here that I was expecting just to be over it, are into it, too. Everyone is so friendly. I did meet one guy that was stalking a Twilight display in the grocery store, waiting for people to look at the display only to hand out pamphlets on how reading books and watching movies about vampires is wrong. Obvioulsy he hasn't read the books. Anyway, it is Twilight crazy, but in a good way. I sadly do not think it will stay like this for long. I bet it will be crazy crowded in the spring and summer.
My Mom wanted to see the Cullen house so, i will post those pictures and other Twilight pictures from around town. Oh, I also met up with another TM, Tina. Joe and I went to her house and I just had the best time. She is super super crafty. I was so happy to talk Twilight and crafts. I was really so impressed with her. Her son was killed 4 years ago. Her grandson, along with other players on the football team, has been invited to play in a tournament in Australia. As you can imagine, the cost for them to go is huge. But, Tina and others from the town are rallying around them trying to raise funds. One way they were doing this is by taking pictures of people in the football players letter jackets for a donation. Tina, insisted that we do this, too, but she wanted no money from us. So we did. I thought Joe looked so cute. Is he a good sport or what?! Tina has also made bookmarks, the cutest photo albums, soap, and picture frames all to benifit their cause. What a Great Grandmother. I so wish I was rich and could just give them the money. Don't feel too bad for Joe having to listen to the Twilight and craft talk. Tina had an amazing yard with a ton of different plants, a beutiful pond, and stonework. So, they talked about that for awhile. While i can fully appreciate and enjoy landscaping, I do not know all the names of plants and all the technical stuff the way Joe does. Anyway, we had a great time and it was a highlight.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

absolutely stunning pictures!!!Goodhouse for the Cullen's, but isn't supposed to be out in the forest? Was there a note from Esme?

Erin said...

It is supposed to be out in the woods, but I guess that is the closest they could come and there was a noe from Esme on the door. I took a picture of it

racheym said...

hello,
i was trying to plan a trip out to forks and that general area and was looking for ideas of where to stay etc. i found your blog on twilightmoms.com and saw that you wrote all about your trip which was fun to read and made me even more excited about my own trip!! i figured i could trust a fellow tm's opinion, you guys seemed to like the hotel you stayed in in forks,i was wondering which one that was? Trying to make the best decision from very far away, nh, lol. anyways...loved your pictures and reading about your trip!! :)