Friday, February 20, 2009

Day 7






Okay, this is the last post I will make from the Pacific Northwest. We had a full day and we are tired! We woke up early and headed into Seattle. I had an article that I ripped out of a Budget Travel magazine a year ago. I had no plans to come here, but it looked like a neat town. The article was a walking tour of the downtown area. I can't believe I kept up with it. We walked forever. we went to this really cool Japanese store. It was huge and filled with everything from housewares to Sea Urchin. They had a neat food court,too. We ended our walking tour at the Pike's market. It was overwhelming. It was packed. But, a really neat place. the last thing we did was get drinks and a snack at the Athenian in the market. My dad had sugegsted we go there and i am glad we listened. It was my favorite part of the market. Crazy mix of tourist, locals, and fisherman. We sat in a tiny booth next to big windows that looked out over the water. We had yummy Thai food for dinner.
We have had a truly truly amazing trip that I will NEVER forget. Seattle was really neat, but the Forks area is my favorite. The whole area is almost magical with the huge trees and amazing vistas. (that's a Joe word) I was so excited to see where the book was set, but even if there was no twilight I would have been happy to spend a week here. So, I am thankful to the book for pointing us in the right direction. I hope with all the attention it doesn't loose the charm.
Thank you for taking the time to read my posts. It has been fun to share this with everyone.

1 comments:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

What an awesome trip...thanks for sharing your great pics!