Thursday, February 19, 2009

Day 5






I was so sad to leave Forks. It was such an amazing place. There si so much to do and see right around the town. I could have spent days more there. But, we moved on to Seattle. We woke up early on Wed. and headed out to try to find Elk. We had only seen a squirel and a racoon on this trip. We did find some and pretty fast. We headed back to the Hoh Rainforest. The drive out there is beautiful. We walked around for a little bit and headed back into town for breakfast. Again, we had a huge breakfast. The yummiest veggie omlet ever!! We finished up some last minute souvenier shopping and headed out of town. Again, beautiful drive. The drive by Lakce Crescent was unreal. The lake provided a perfect mirror image of the mountains. i know I keep saying the same adjectives, but I can't come up with anything better. We wanted to drive up Hurricane Ridge, but it was closed. We drove as far as we could and got some great pictures. we took a ferry from kingston into the Seattle area. On the ferry I kept telling Joe to look at this neat cloud and he said "honey, that's not a cloud that's Mt. Rainer." beautiful! Our hotel is just a little out of town in an area called Bellevue. thanks to my sister in-law we got a really great rate at a Marriott. (thank you, Kim) This area is a lot like Buckhead. A big change from forks. I am sure I will like Seattle better. I'm not really into chain stores and restraunts and this area is full of them. However, I was very happy about the Barnes and Noble we walked around in last night. So, we are off today to get a better look at Rainer.

2 comments:

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

Thanks for writing all of this w/ the pics,it kind of feels like we're all their with you.Are you ever coming home?

Natalie said...

I love Mt. Rainier. It's always looming up in the sky and fun to drive up too. Very pretty log cabin lodge thing up there. Have fun!