Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day 2






My Dad predicted that we would probably wake up early because of the time change. He was right we were up at 6a.m. After yesterday we had planned to take it easy today. But, after breakfast we were ready to get going. We waled next store to our motel and ate a big breakfast. Then we headed to the welcome center to take pictures then to the Thriftway and Forks Outfitters. There were pictures of wildlife that locals had hunted and it scared me. Joe just rolled his eyes, but there were pcitures of big mountain lions and bears. We then headed back to the welcome center because they were open and we could get our maps. The lady that worked there was explaining the map to me and she said "Here is the Cullen house, go to the door and read the note Esme writes everyday. It's sunny so you probably won't see any of the Cullens out and about" I politley laughed and looked up from the map to see her face was very serious. So, they are taking this very seriously. (just in case you don't know, the Esme and the Cullens and charecters in the book that is set in Forks) All over town there are posters and signs for the movie and the book. I loved it. The motel we are staying in has Twilight themed rooms. Joe has been awesome and such a good sport. There is no way I could make him stay in a room with Edward posters everywhere. But, the girl at the fron desk said I could peek in them tomorrow. From there we headed to the Hoh Rainforest. There are just not words to describe this place. I just can't. It is simply amazing. This is somewhere everyone should see. The trees were amazing. We hiked 2 miles in the Rainforest. After the pictures in the Thriftway, I was on edge. I carried my pepper spary in my pocket. joe was very disappointed we didn't see any wildlife. I was relieved. From there, we went to Ruby Beach. It is named for the suposed garnet sand. It didn't look red at all to me. Not even a little. But, it was amazing, too. You have to climb over large driftwood logs to get to the beach. I was worried about that because of Joe's hip, but I was the one who fell. I slid and fell off a log and fell all the way to the ground on my side. Not wanting to scare Joe, I jumped up with both hands in the air yelling "I'm up! I'm up" He just laughed. i think I am going to have a big bruise on my thigh in the a.m. After that, we went to Kaloch beach area abd to beach 1. It had and amazing view. On the drive back we stopped at the Big Cedar tree and as it's named promised it was a big cedar. Then we went to the world's largest Cedar and it was big, too. We thought they were about the same size. By this time it was 5:30 and we were hungry and tired. we hadn't eaten since breakfast for the second day. Normally that would be fine, but we did a ton of hiking and I don't think we were caught up from the day before. At dinner I am sure our waitress thought something was wrong with us. I could have put my head down on the table and went to sleep. The restraunt was sort of a hole in the wall, but really really yummy. We went back to the Thriftway becasue I am "my father's daughter" and I had to get cookies and milk. (my Dad is notoriious for having to have cookies in milk most nights) The highschool was having a bakesale to fund a band trip, so I got some homemade cake from them and soymilk and rice krispy treats from the store. Yep, I am on vacation!

3 comments:

sweetb said...

It look so beautiful. Poor Joe & all the Twilightl-y-ness. But I bet t is so cool. Are you going to check out the Cullen's house?

Katherine said...

restaurant- you are driving me crazy with your speling!!!!!!!!!!HA! It looks so beautiful!!!I am hoping that you are going to the Cullen house today!I want to see what they think it should look like!

Katherine said...

I talked to the crazy gun toting Brit and he told me that he is having some gun toting Brits to stay with him until the end of the week. So your house has plenty of protection!