Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day 3






The problem with this trip is that I can't decide what my favorite day is. Everyday has been wonderful and yesterday was just awesome. We woke up early and had another huge breakfast. Biscuits and gravy and a big waffle with strawberry topping. We split it, but still. From there we walked downtown. That sounds misleading...downtown Forks is maybe 5 little stores and two asian restraunts and a mexican restraunt as well.I am not being negative, i love that is so small. There is a store that is completley Twilight stuff. Can you belive I did not by one thing? I didn't not one. I did get postcards and Forks magnets in the pharmacy and I might go back for a sweat shirt. But, to be able to do this trip, we are on a super tight budget. We then walked to the highschool and then back to our motel. All the tween girls had checked out of the Twilight themed rooms. So, they let me go peek in. We then went to Tina's house (see post below). After that, we drove around and looked at the twilight sights and then drove to Lapush. In case you haven't read the books, La Push is an Indian reservation. Again, no words. The reservation itself was intersting. We deove by a trailer with a totem pole being worked on in the front yard. You can tell that money is not pletniful. But, it was
beautiful. First, Second, and Third Beaches are in La Push and they are breathtaking. First Beach was easy to get to. You could drive right up to it. I hate to keep saying "beautiful" over and over agin, but I just can't come up with the right words. There were people surfing. I had on my down coat with a big insulated rain coat over it, with mittens and hand warmers and I was freezing and they were surfing! They did have on wet suits, but still!!! Second Beach was tougher to get to. It was a nice hike in and then you had to climb over a ton of driftwood. After my fall the day before Joe was trying to hold on to me. I tried in vain to explain it was a slick log that made me fall. We walked along the beach and then sat down on driftwood to watch the sun go down. Again, no words. Amazing. The hike out was a little spooky. It was sooooo dark in the woods heading out. We headed back to Forks and had pizza delivered. I was the one to fall asleep almost as soon as I was done with my pizza. I think we have gotten more sleep on this trip that we have in the last month. Joe was amazed that he slept 12 hours the night before. He usually get home from work around 10 or 11 (sometimes later) at night and gets to bed around midnight only to wake up by 6 to go to work. He was pulling 14-16 hour days before we left. Poor guy. If he did come home early it was so I could go to work. He was working 7 days a week, too and I work Friday, Sat., and Sunday nights. So basically we never saw eachother. So, this trip has been awesome. Just to get to talk and hike and even just eat a meal together. We can't really afford this trip and it kinda exhausts me to think about how hard we will both have to work to get back on track money wise. But, I wouldn't trade anything. Again, I am thankful!

2 comments:

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

absolutely beautiful pics...so glad you guys had a great trip.

KELLI MC said...

i am so jealous i could puke these pictures are awesome like professional