Monday, December 15, 2008

Here we go again,

About every six months or so, Joe and I go through this. We start thinking about having another baby. Not to go into too much detail, but my pregnancy with Bella was not a cake walk. I know a lot of women go through a lot worse than what I did, but not being able to drive was a big pain in the butt. This time I wouldn't have the luxury of Brenna driving me around. The driving issue was due to the horrible migraines that I would get that effect my vision and sometimes speech. At one point we thought I might have a tumor. I really have a chari malformation. It's where a part of your brain hangs down into your neck putting pressure on your spinal chord. Sounds crazy, but mine is not as bad as it could be. I also had some heart issues, too. But, the delivery went great and Bella was beautiful and perfect! So, it was completley worth it.
For awhile the conversation of having another baby was about giving Bella a sibling. I was really worried about her being alone. But, that has changed. I don't worry about that so much. She won't be alone. It's morphed into more wondering if our family is complete. How do you know? I have talked to some people who just know they are done, but the feeling lingers for me. We have thought about adopting, but we just do not have the money and frankly I am a little frightened of putting Bella through possibly loosing a sibling. I know even if we had a biological baby there is a chance somthing could happen. I am also nervous because I know some people who kinda scare me away from having more kids because of how gard it is. i am not scared of hard, but we have kind of hit our groove. I just don't know what to do.
This is a little off the subject, but a lot of people have told me to pray about it and I have for years. Sometimes, I think because we haven't had another child, that is our answer. But, I really would like to feel peace about it and I just don't. I get frustrated when i hear people say "god said" or "god spoke to me" Do they mean they heard God speaking to them or do they just get a feeling. Because I can make myself think things. Don't get me wrong I have seen god work in my life. I see it and aknowlede it. give it full respect.
I don't know if it would even be possible. Last time we were thinking about having a baby, I asked my primary Dr what he thought and he litterally winced and said that I needed to ask my obgyn and if thought it was okay then he would recommend a high risk dr. for me. I asked my obgyn and he did the same thing and said I needed to get my cardiologist on board. So, I went to the cardiologist and didn't even get to the baby talk because he said he found a small hole in my heart and that kinda threw me for a loop. my primary said that he didn't feel like the hole was a big deal. I never get straight answers. So, as I am writing this I realize this might all be a mute point or a "moo" point.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Ha! Moo point from Friends...I called it first! Do I get a prize?
This is a hard one. As far as people receiving answers to prayers, I have heard of people who have had thoughts with specific instructions like someone had actually spoken to them, but it was more like spoke inside their head, so they didn't actually hear it. My mom had an experience like that when we were little. She "heard": 'go to the kitchen...now!' and when she got down there my little sister was standing on the stove, straddling a red-hot burner! Most of the time, though, I think it is more of an impression or feeling. I prayed so hard to know if I should marry Brad and I finally was looking at him one day when he was asleep and I just had a strong feeling that it was right and my heart felt warm (don't know how else to describe it...but when I'm feeling the Spirit that's what happens). The scriptures say if you ask with real intent and with faith, you will get an answer. How long that takes is different for everyone, though, and that's the hard part. Try to read scriptures to 'dig a deeper spiritual well' like we learned at that Enrichment you came to last year and make good choices (like you always do) to stay close to the Spirit and you'll get an answer. (I feel like I'm giving a talk at church...tee hee) It's something I've always struggled with, but I've certainly been taught all about it my whole life and I know that you can receive your own personal revelation from God. Love you, Erin! You're an awesome mom. I'd love to see you with a baby but with your health issues, I wouldn't jump into it without that assurance from Heaven either! It will give you the peace you'll need to get through a hard pregnancy. I'll pray for you!

Unknown said...

Have faith and don't let others tell you what you might be feeling in your heart. If I listened to others I probably wouldn't have my 5 children that I love very deeply. Even if 2 of them I do feel were sent to me with out my permission! LOL However, it is a big decision to have a baby when your health could be compromised...that would make it more difficult. However, if your Doctor's can't give you any real reason of it being too risky to stop you and the idea of a baby keeps coming up then you need to pray about having faith to know what is the right thing to do. Some how things always seem to work out when you have faith the Lord will help you through. Hope that helps and good luck!

KELLI MC said...

Well you know me I love babies! BUT I remember you being pregnant and it was VERY hard on you because of your medical issues and the fact that no DR is really ON BOARD woohoo greelight of course go ahead, that would make me feel not so sure. Also I do believe you guys have a 3 "mouse"keteers kinda thing going and I know all the things you want to do in life like travel etc and adventures you want to have and a baby can delay all that unless you are well off. I know people are going to respond to this and say oh you can do so much with multiple kids and there are so many wonderful adventures bla blah blah but I know you and YOUR adventures and I think you will be happy just the way you are. You and Joe and Bella. You guys are perfect. I would be thrilled to have a new niece or nephew but I think you guys are just awesome the way you are. I know I am one of those people you are referring to about the hard stuff. Yes it is hard but I don't regret a second and yes it is difficult but it suits me. The one thing different about you and me is i am a home body. I like being in my house for days at a time and I don't mind A vacation a year. I know you are an on the go person you guys love being out and about But you know I am just saying......................

sweetb said...

I sometimes wonder if I am done too. But I know that the best decision for me is that 2 is perfect. My point is I am not sure if I will get that big period at the end of the sentence, you know. The I am done( with an extra big period at the end) feeling. I also think that nature does that to you, make you forget the pain of childbirth and makes you have warm glowy feeling about being pregnant and babies, so that we will continue to procreate;)But I am 36 and we struggle with money. But I also like to be doing and I have learned from keeping a 3rd that it would be so hard. I want to work and be able to be a little freer (don't get me wrong, I LOVE my boys) and I know that will come when they get a little bigger. As for your health issues, if you can get all of your Doctors on board than you can decide without that worry.

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

You three are so much like us,it was just us and lane for 13 yrs!We felt content,because we had such a great kiddo,darn near perfect kiddo,and we were in such a groove too.But one day its like it hit us,that we didn't want to be done,I think mainly seeing that Lane was growing up,and on her way out of the house in a few yrs,and having a kid is such a big part of who we are.

My health is similar to yours,allthough even with my heart condition which is a daily issue for me,my Heart surgeon said I could have another,but would need alot of monitering,and to change meds.I am not interested in all of that,and adoption was truely something we have talked about for 20 yrs.I would say your carioligist is the main Dr you want on board,get a 2nd opinion.And having a high-risk Dr just in case does not mean you will end up needing it.You are young,and take good care of yourself,this time around you would know what to watch out for,and what dr's to have on standby.As far as adoption,we couldn't go in saying lane this is your new sister/brother,we had to say these kids need a home,and that may be for a short time or it may be forever.That made it easier for us all.We could not afford a private adoption,and the 2-3 yr wait is to long for us.As far as God speaking.You will know it when he does.I know what you mean about putting thoughts into your own head,and not knowing if its God or not.But Damon and I,even lane can attest when he speaks you move.Their will be no wondering if its him or not.If you are not getting that answer you want,which is what we all long for,then I would say step out in faith for what your heart desires,and ask God to bless it.Alot of times it takes a leap of faith to get him to speak,or see us through.I am sorry for the feeling you have,we know it well.We still don't know if were done,we want to finalize on this kiddo,but its been so hard allready.Yet,we know we would be happy to add more,but its not as easy as that.We are struggling with the same issues you are daily here.Hang in their.

KELLI MC said...

if you wanted to try again i would support you-after we have gone to the dr to make sure

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

The only thing I can say is...
I'm praying that God will show you what you need to do and that you will Know beyond a shadow of a doubt what you guys are supposed to do!
Les

p.s. be on the watch...you have a pkg that left KS yesterday!

also known as shell said...

I'm feeling baby hungry. and have been for awhile. I have a feeling that we are suppose to have more. but then after I eat something that feeling goes away. maybe I'm not baby hungry. maybe its just hungry. See I'm as confused as you are :)