Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wicked



So Friday of last week my friend Stephanie emailed me asking if I wanted to go see Wicked at the Fox and if so, did I have any idea on how to get a deal on tickets. I wanted to see it, but I just figured that I couldn't afford the tickets and I wasn't going. No Biggie, but Stephanie excitement (yes, I could tell by her email) about it, made me excited and really wanting to go. Ticketmaster had "limited" seating tickets. "Limited" was explained as you might not get to see the stage, but the tickets were A LOT less. So, I emailed Stephanie back and she said she was not opposed to sitting in the bathroom. LOL We got the tickets and fully expected to have crappy seats and not be able to see anything. Seriously, I thought we would be behind a wall or something. We were so excited when we got to our seats to find they were second row in the front balcony. They were fantastic seats. We were so close and could see really well. We could see down in the orchestra pit. The only thing we could find wrong with the seats is that there was not a straight on view of the stage, but we were thrilled to not be in the bathroom.
I have to say I was not as excited as I probably should have been, but I didn't know much about it. I have talked to so many people who after seeing Wicked are just completely enthralled and when they tell you about it, you can just see there eyes light up. hmmmm.... Don't get it, I thought. I am not one of those Broadway musical types. I hate to admit it, but I get bored. Sitting in one spot for that long is hard for me. I love Hairspray, but I got very bored during that at the Fox. I wanted to see Wicked because I love the Wizard of Oz. Well, I totally get it now. It was beautiful and amazing. I have seen a few shows at the fox, but none were like this. I just can't say enough. So, Thank you Stephanie for getting the ball rolling and inviting me to go with you. I had a blast!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so excited...I can hardly stand it! Tonight is my turn. I thought about you yesterday when I was doing my mundane evening tasks. I'll have to call you and get all the details...

sweetb said...

I am very jealous, I know it was awesome. Great seats too.