Thursday, October 16, 2008

So, I posted a comment on a friends blog that got me thinking. If the house was burning down what would I try to grab? Really, I know, if the house is burning down getting the family out it #1 and as long as everyone is safe that is all I can ask. BUT, if you knew everyone was going to get out safe and you had just a minute to grab some things, What would it be? I have actually put a lot of thought into it. Until recently I had a cabinet by the front door loaded with all of our pictures so it the house did catch fire I could throw the albums out the door. I recently moved the cabinet because we are moving the jukebox to that spot. But, I would for sure try to throw pictures out. My Mom's family and My Dad's family both had house fires and lost a lot of pictures. I have just a few of my Gram from when she was young. I would love to see some more. When we went back to Kansas for Christmas and then later for my Papa Bill's funeral, I had several different family members tell me I looked just like my Gram used to when she was young. I don't see it at all, but we are a like in a lot of ways. As many ways as we are alike, we are different. lol I would also grab a book that my Gram filled out. It is full of her favorite memories and thoughts on everything from music to candy to scriptures. I also have a journal I have kept for Bella and about Bella since she was born, I would grab that and I a quilt a friend made for Bella along with some other blakets that were gifts. Other than those things, I can't think of anything else. My wedding dress is at my Mom's. (I tried it on one of the last times I was there, so depressing. I think I weighed 110 maybe when we got married. Sick.) I have thought of cutting it up to make a quilt with along with some of Bella's baby clothes.
So, what would you save?

4 comments:

sweetb said...

Wedding pictures, baby pictures, laptop with everything in it including more baby pictures & videos. I guess I should get all of that in one place so that if god forbid...

KELLI MC said...

well i actually had that maddening thought. That day we pulled up and the side of my house was on fire that thought went through my head. Do I run in and get stuff? What do I get and I was so out of my mind I was shaking and balbbering and You know what I thought of? First get the cat out-Lokis dead! then I thougt get my blankie! then I thought baby stuff but ll this was very unclear so I just kept yelling for the firemen to hurry!

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

The 3 P's!People,pets and Pictures!
I can't imagine my life without any of these.

We are saving for a huge fire safe for all pictures.

Jessi said...

I tend to be sentimental so it's hard to narrow down all the things I would want to grab. But one of the first things would be the quilts my Mom has made for us. They are destined to be heirlooms.