Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The best husband!




Three reasons why I have the best husband:
1) when he picked me up from work on Sat. we had this conversation Joe-"I did something that might make you mad."
me-"what did you do?"
Joe-"I tiled the hall bathroom"
My jaw drops open because this was not something we had even been talking about. He did have this great travertine tile, but we have had it for 6 months or more and had no plans for it.
me-'why would this make me mad? It's fantastic."
I will say that was Sat. and we had a toilet in our hallway until last night. It is now in the fron porch because we got a new one, too. I didn't even know we were renovating, but it's beautiful.
2) He didn't freak out when I brought another dog home. I ham starting to develop a habit of bringing home animals. But, this one was in our yard when I drove up today. So, actually, I didn't bring this one home. It is an adorable choclate color puppy that is asleep on Bella's bed. it is not staying, but is pouring down rain and it was shivering. I don't want to go door to door in the rain trying to find the owner. As soon as it stops raining we will try to find the owner. i figured if it was my puppy i would rather someone take it in out of the cold rain than kick it to the curb and hope for the best.
3) He also realizes that sometimes "the Mom" needs a treat. We went to target to return some stuff and I saw the cutest shoes that are not sensible AT ALL. But, they are the kind of shoes that make you melt when you put them on. They are really different than any shoes I have, but I sadly put them back on the shelf because right now anything over FREE is too much, but Joe saw how much I wanted them and bought them. I protested, a little, but he got them anyway. He said they look like Sweeny Todd shoes. He said if he got them for me I would have to learn the song about meat pies. I guess that doesn't make sense unless you have seen the movie. What a sweetie!

5 comments:

KELLI MC said...

i love those shoes i am thginking what could wear them with and that is a cute cute dog looks like a red pitbull

sweetb said...

I am going to get them too!!!!!!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

what a great surprise to have the bathroom re-done!

Natalie said...

That dog is darling. And the shoes are too.

EndlessTwilight said...

I love erin
I love joe
cuz they are both rad, you know. ♥