Thursday, September 25, 2008

cuffed jean trend



I try to be up on the latest styles. Wow, that really made me sound dorky and old. But, I don't want to be like Mariah Carey who is still rocking thing 90's look. My sister, Brenna, pointed this out to me and the next picture I saw of Mariah she had on short cutoff shorts that were rolled up with a pink athletic jacket with her initials embroidered on it. you might have to see it. Point is, I just want to look up to date at least. Even though my other sister, Kelli, and I wish the baby doll dress and doc martin look would come back in style. I try to mix stuff with my own style. I don't know who I am kidding because I only in recent years started properly matching. Occasionally, I put together an outfit and after I have worn it all day I'll catch myself in the mirror only to think "oh my gosh, why did Joe let me walk around like this". One time before Bella was born Joe and I went on a trip and had bought this shirt that I thought was really cute, but I wasn't sure the right way to wear it since it was see through. I decided to wear it out and I thought it was one of those shirts that wasn't "that" see through and if I just wore a black bra, it would be fine. NO NO NO! I got the picture developed and I just looked like a goober in this SUPER see through shirt and Bra. It was so revealing. I have no idea why I thought it would work. I want to blush just thinking about it. People were staring at me because I was a nerd in basically just a bra and not because I was super cute. JEEZ! Not CUTE!! If I can find the picture I'll post it.
I have gotten way off track. This all started because I really do NOT understand the whole rolled cuffed jean look. Katie Holmes wears this look a lot now and I just don't get it. I just saw a picture of Sarah Jessica Parker and she was wearing the look, too! I think it looks horrible and is really not flattering. I just don't get it. It's like the half glove thing that was a little popular. That just looked stupid. Am I the only one who feels this way?
So I have gotten

4 comments:

Jessi said...

YIKES! I thought the days of pegged pants were ancient history and never to be repeated. That is one of the ugliest fashion trends EVER. I wonder what Stacey and Clinton would say.

sweetb said...

Oh My Gosh!! You read my mind! I was thinking as I was looking at those pictures that Stacy & Clinton & Tim Gunn would NEVER agre to that unflattering ugly old style. What about high waisted jean that were trying to come back, ugh.

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

Noooo!!!!!!I hate that look now,I loved it in 7th grade though,I tight rolled all my pants that year.Also sporting the shirt with tails,and the coke shirts!

Natalie said...

Ha! Find that picture or I won't believe you! :)