Thursday, June 19, 2008

First canoe trip of the summer

Tonight we took our first canoe trip of the summer. We bought our canoe last year and used it all the time until...... the drought. But, the water in the Chestatee is up again. I really love where we live. We can be on the river in less than five minutes from my front door. We had a great time. I am really tired now. I forget how much it works my arms. We saw a lot of wildlife tonight on the river.. abeaver carrying a stick in it's mouth, a lot of turtles, aome tadpoles, some fish, a heron, and two buzzards. See, we have already started homeschooling!

1 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow! We went to a lake in Tennessee for the weekend and didn't see nearly as much as you did! I would love to come canoeing sometime. I did that at girls camp when I was 12 or something and haven't gotten the chance since! Please...take me!