Friday, June 13, 2008

Father's Day

My friend Jill, wrote a really great post about her husband for Father's Day that inspired me to write one about my great husband.
I met Joe when I was 17 and at 17 you are not thinking "is this guy going to be a good Dad?" At that point I didn't think I wanted kids. It just wasn't on the radar. At that point we were young and our biggest concern was getting to the next scooter rally or going to the next concert. I fell head over heals for him. Really, there was no going back. Joe was it. I always thank god, because at 17 your judgment isn't always the best and it could have turned out really bad, but it hasn't. Joe has been the very best. He is my very best friend, the very best husband, and an unbelievable Dad. Bella and Joe are on the same wave link and they think a lot alike. There is no way I can put into words how wonderful he is to her. Everything he does is for us. I sometimes get tired and complain about all the stresses I have in my life, and I start to feel silly. Joe carries the weight of the world on his shoulders, he works harder than anyone I have ever known and he cares more about everyone around him. I truly have never met another person like him. Don't get me wrong he is human and we do fight and get tired of each other and there was that one time I threw refried beans at him. ( not really at him, but that was over 9 years ago...see he is amazing to put up with me) But, for every one thing I could complain about, I have 100 things I love about him. I don't think he will read this, but just in case... Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

Refried beans,reminds of the time I pegged damon with a baked potato.I don't even remember what for now,but i'm sure he deserved it at the time.

Natalie said...

aww, that is so sweet. I have to say, I've only met Joe a few times and I love how obvious it is that he is a great dad. His family means the world to him and you guys just seem like a perfect match. How blessed you are.