Friday, June 13, 2008

Father's Day Part 2

After being so gushy about Joe, I have to say something about my Dad. I have always been and will always be a Daddy's girl. When I was little we would go fishing just he and I. He would wake me up very early and we would go by Dunkin Donuts. I would always pick the Bavarian Cream filled donut. Then we would go fishing. In my mind this happened a lot, but I'm not sure how often it was really. I loved it. We would mostly fish from a dock or bank, but I do remember at least once he put on weighters, put me on his back and walk across the river. He would drop me off on a boulder in the middle and I would play while he fished. We also used to go to six flags frequently. We both loved rollercosters. But, now with his neck and my heart and head, it's a no go. I have a ton of great memories like this from when I was little. When I was a teenager we got a long and there was always love, but we are so much a like. There is a quote by Mark Twain that I think sums it up... "when I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years!" This is very true for me. Joe and I both will call him if we are thinking about buying or selling a car, or taking a trip. He is a wealth of knowledge. Happy Father's Day!

0 comments: