Saturday, May 31, 2008

28 goals

A friend said that in the spirit of Eleanor Roosevelt who said something like "do What you fear the most" She is going Sky Diving for her 35th birthday. Well doing what scares me the most involves Sharks and Grizzly Bears. So, no way. There are a lot of things that scare me most, but as far as phobia type things being eaten alive does it for me. I do not have a fear of heights or bugs and I am definitely not claustrophobic, but I still loved this idea of doing something to change yourself in a good way. Another, friend of mine said that she had a friend that sets the same number of goals as she is old and tries to meet those goals by the next birthday. So I am going to start a list of goals to meet by this time next year. I am going to start with 20 and see how it goes. I am no where near 20, but it sounded like a more do able number to start out with. So here goes,
1.learn to sew
2.sew an apron
3.learn to play my guitar
4. use my elliptical at least 5 days a week
5. go to my cardiologist
6. go to my neurologist (these last two sound easy, but I really put them off because usually I do not get news I want to hear)
7. not worry so much
hmmmm.... making this list is harder than I thought I will have to think about it some more

5 comments:

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

Email me if you want the name of the local girl who teaches guitar,by the outlet mall,shes our age and Bella can totally go with you.Its $30 for 1 hr.

And you need to go to the Dr's,you owe that to yourself and family.I hate it too.Better to address things before theirs problems though.

Natalie said...

That's a great idea. Goals and me don't usually get along. I guess I'm too lazy and I don't hold myself accountable enough if I don't reach it. Good job announcing it on your blog, though. I've heard that's the first step to being successful. I want to learn guitar too!

audrey habeck said...

ha! guess what - the two things i am deathly afraid of are sharks and bears! yikes! i love the ocean - but rarely go in - and if i do it's for 5 seconds. how lame is that. i have gone hiking a couple times now and i'm getting better with the whole fearing the bears thing but....i don't want to get eaten...i just want to eat. ha!
hope all is well!
thanks for the advertisement on your blog! i love it! people like you make my job that much more fun!

Erin said...

I love the ocean, too! I would love to live in Hawaii for awhile, but really sharks are a HUGE fear of mine. Bears, too. But, Joe and I go hiking a lot in the fall and we are in the woods a lot for caving. But, I am always scared. Being eaten alive just sounds horrible.

Erin said...

I love the ocean, too! I would love to live in Hawaii for awhile, but really sharks are a HUGE fear of mine. Bears, too. But, Joe and I go hiking a lot in the fall and we are in the woods a lot for caving. But, I am always scared. Being eaten alive just sounds horrible.