Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Prayer request

I am asking for prayers today. My sister's husband woke up this mourning and half of his face had fallen and it was numb. I guess that is the best I can describe it. He went to work. He has to be at work by 3am I think. It's really early whatever time it is. he goes to bed around 7 in the evening. If you knew Shawn you wouldn't think it was weird that he went to work with a numb face. But anyway, I guess it got worse at work and a co-worker drove him home and Kelli took him to the emergency room. They are doing tests and still don't know anything. When they first got to the hospital they said it was a stroke. At this point they haven't ruled it out, but they are exploring other theories, too. Kelli is at the hospital with Shawn and my parents took my niece, Kelli and Shawn's daughter, Kinsey, to the dermatologist because she has a horrible rash all over her body. I am just asking prayers for Shawn, obviously, but for Kelli to to keep her uplifted. It goes without saying that this is a hard day for her. I am sure that there will be a good outcome. I think because of our deal earlier this year with our cousin that had a stroke stroke, we are all on edge about it.

5 comments:

Jessi said...

They will definitely be in our prayers. What a scary thing to go through!

Natalie said...

I'll pray.

KELLI MC said...

I just wanted to thank you for your prayers. I really appreciate it and I needed it! We think Shawn has Bell's Palsy we are scheduled to go see a neurologist to confirm but we are pretty sure that is it. While Bells Palsy is NO FUN and scary it is soooo much better than a stroke which is what they had told us for the first 3 hours we were there! Also tge baby will be ok just very spotty and feeling a little down for awhile!

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Tell everyone we're praying for all of you! Mom had talked to Aunt V yesterday and got the scoop and let me know today. God is good. He will never leave us nor forsake us!

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

My stepmom had bells palsy,the cold winter air brought it on,weird things do.It lasted a few weeks then went away without any lasting effects,I am hopeful it will be this way for Shawn.