Sunday, August 10, 2008

Misc.









We have a lot going on. So, I thought I wouls write one post to update. After being so sad to be away from Joe, Bella and I drove down to Guld Shores and spent last week with him. I have been hesitant to blog about it for safety reasons since it was just Bella and I. I do have a great neighbor that lives across the street and he watches the house. one night he thought he heard something and came knocking on my door to make sure everything was okay and on a seperate night the dogs were barking and I called Joe who called our neighbor and he walked the property to check everything out. Also, this great neighbor is from England where it is not legal to have guns so, he has been very excited to own a gun and I think he gets excited to come check everything out with his gun in a holster on his hip. Lol So don't mess with me or you will have a gun crazy Brit after you! ANYWAY, we had a great family time. In case you don't know the whole story, Joe is working in Gulf Shores Alabama on a project.
He worked most of the time, but we were able to have lunch together and be together in the evenings. We took Bella to a Waterpark on Sunday. It was her first time at a Waterpark and she loved it! We also took the two dogs with us. Ashes, the dalmation is doing MUCH better. Once, I got on a schedule with him as far as taking him out, he hasn't had another accident.

We all came back this weekend. We left Gulf Shores about 10 at night. We had to replace a radiator in one truck and go unload a trailer only for the hitch not work and we had to get another trailer. About 3:30in the am we were getting close to the exit Joe's parents live off of we decided to stop there to sleep. They were so nice they got up and made beds for us. We were prepared to just sleep where we fell. We woke up by 8:30am and rushed Bella to her last ice skating lesson for the session. We got home dropped the dogs and trailer off and then went hiking at Anna Ruby Falls. It was beautiful and nice to spend time just being us. We went to church this morning and then rushed to meet Mom, Dad, Kelli, and Keelin on Dad's boat. We are finally home after a whirlwind weekend. We are all heading back to Gulf Shores at some point this week. Remember, I have a gun toting Englishman watching the house. So, don't think of breaking in!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

So much fun! I'm glad you get to see your man. And your crazy Brit neighbor is hilarious! Kids are in school again so I have more free time now. Call me when you are done with your travels. :)

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

I'm so happy your dog is better...I love the pic of he and Bella taking a snooze! So cute, especially with barbie there too! The neighbor story cracks me up, my visual of the whole thing is hilarious! Tell everyone Hello

sweetb said...

I love Alan! Put up pictures of your life in Gulf Shores. B