Thursday, July 24, 2008

Trouble in Paradise

I think our new dog, Ashes, is getting a little too comfortable here. He has peed on the floor everynight this week except for one. I have hard wood floors, so it's easy to clean, but last night he peed on one of my rugs. I have tried to be patient. I take him out a lot and right before bed, but he somehow can't make it through the night. He has also started chewing up Bella's toys and getting into the trash. His days here may be numbered. Normally, I would just deal with it, but with it just being me here and when we go down to be with Joe we have to stay in a rental house, he can't do this. I feel bad because he is really sweet, but I may just be fostering and not adopting.

2 comments:

Lovingmyamazinglife said...

I would put him in a crate at night to stop the messes,and make sure he has plenty of toys of his own to chew up.He is probably nervous with the new situation and being taken from his home,encourage Bella to keep her toys tidy while he learns the house rules.Sorry I know its frustrating, it usually passes with time,my dogs have to earn freedom to roam free in the house,if they start to get out of hand they lose privalages just like a misbehaving child would.Ours are always pushing the limits.I feel your pain.

Cow Pies & Mud Pies said...

Bummer...hang in there. You really have your hands full! Where is Joe's new job?