Tuesday, May 31, 2011

couple things

I have 11 followers. This so surprised me. I'm touched. lol seriously,I thought maybe I would have three and those would be my Mom and sisters. Surprisingly, they aren't followers at all. lol So, thanks to my followers and I am very sorry that recently there has been nothing interesting. i'll try harder.
Next thing. A lot has been swimming around in my head. I mean a lot. I have unrest and it's driving me nuts. I have known half the reason for it. Wanderlust is defined in the dictionary as

a strong, innate desire to rove or travel about. Well, I have that. i always have. i cannot bear to sit stagnant. I have to be planning a trip, or taking a trip, or coming up with ideas for trips. The problem is is that I am not rich, no where near it. So, I do more planning than anything else. But, I know these trips will happen one day. Joe and I do travel more than most. but, it's a priority to us. thankfully Joe has "wanderlust" too. It would be hard to be married to someone who didn't understand. Before we had Bella we would be laying around the house and one of us would say something like "I bet the sunrise at sandrock is amazing' then we would just grab the keys and drive the two hours to see the sunrise from sandrock. being Mommy and Daddy, you can't always do that. So, long story short, I want to travel and all this recovery hasn't let me do it.
The other thing that has led to my unrest is not having a goal. I am a very goal oriented person.
Even if it's a small goal. i have to have a goal. Just not knowing how long until I feel 100% has made it hard to plan things. Like I thought I was recovered enough to really hit the gym with force. WOW! was I wrong! baby steps are better. I have to figure out what direction I want to go in next. I had dinner tonight with my sister and an old friend of hers. The friend was so inspiring and I am so glad I got to meet her. She is moving to Paris TOMORROW! Yep, France and tomorrow. Her 8 year relationship ended and she found herself out of work. She was out of work for 2 months when she applied online for a job in France. Well, she got it and she is going for a fresh start. that is so amazing and inspiring to me. I'm so impressed and can't wait to hear and see pictures of her journey.She is so brave for taking such a big step. Last week a friend of Joe and is died in a motorcycle accident. He was really the nicest guy you would meet and soo talented. I was reading over his blog last night and he wrote that he was making some big changes this year and letting go of baggage and just going to change things. I am so sad he didn't get to do that. I know he wanted to move to Washington state and make a fresh start there. He talked about it for years. I guess what i am taking away from these two people is to just do it. Be brave and take a leap of faith because you don't know how long you have . Sounds trite but somehow when it's pushed in your face like this you HAVE to see it and know it's true. So, I may not be moving to France or Seattle (you never know) but maybe my big brave step may be school or something. Not sure. I have to figure it out and take the step.

1 comments:

Cristin said...

Welcome back to the blogging world. :-)