Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So I know I said I was going to come back to my blog....

I kinda let that drop didn't I? lol Well, I ment well.
We had a wonderful Christmas and i hope anyone who might still read my blog did ,too!
We had a great New year. we went caving with some friends and family. i love caving! it was one of several great things joe brougt to the table that is our relationship. lol Seriously, I can't imagine not caving.
But, with the New year somehow I buy into the hype and reflect on last year and think about what I did wrong and how I can change it. Isn't that what resolutions really are? I am actually pretty okay. I mean there are things I want to do differently and change. (my big rear end that I am sitting on is one. where did that come from?) But, all in all, I think I had a pretty kick ass year last year. One of my very favorite things to do is travel. I hate being still or stagnant and i got to do a lot of traveling. I had some pretty scary health stuff, but I pulled through with help of great Dr.s and amazing friends and family. I also made a bunch of new friends this year and held on to some friends that are near and dear to me. And best of all we made it another year. If you think about it, that's the best thing of all..we made it another year.
Which brings me to the next thing. my birthday is comming up and yes I am getting older. i am really really okay with that. I mean isn't that the point! lol But, recently people (well, one really) has been focused on where they are in life vs how old they are and what they have to show for it. For sure, i would like to be rich, and there are things that I haven't accomplished and probably never will. (I don't think I am going to win an oscars or have a commercial I am in played during the super bowl at this point. I mean you never know. But, i doubt it.) i guess I judge things differently. AS long as my family is happy, the people around me are happy, I am really okay. I used to have all these high expectations on what I was going to do with my life. I still do sometimes. Hmm.. that sounds weird. i still expect a lot out of life and strive for things and set goals. But, I am not crushed if I am not suoper rich and famous or something. i love being a Mom and wife. my goals are more about my family and their happiness than they are about what kind of car i drive or how big my house is. Okay, I was all riled up when i started writing this. But, I have kinda simmered down and lost steam. lol so, whatever..Happy New year!

1 comments:

Cristin said...

Happy New Year to you too! Hope to see you soon!